2007. október 14., vasárnap

Laser Vago review

I have tried the Laser Vago for the first time in a 2-3 Beaufort from West-South-West at Dun Laoghaire (Kingston) harbour, Ireland. I was together with a pretty much unexperienced woman, but had a great time. I'm 190 cm and about 78 kg. I did not have a trapez vest but had no problems.
The different strings and sheets can cause a huge mess in the front, but with enough experience in te boat (10-15 hours I guess, but we'll see later) it is no problem. I had enough space as crew and the gip is easy to handle. The spinakker is beautiful and I had no problem although have a lack of experience with spinakkers and blisters and whatsoever. First we forgot to roll up the gip but later we did and it means a lot. I advice everybody to train the movement of roll up the gip, pull up the spinakker and roll it down and pull out the gip. And in this order, important.
Later I got into the place of the skipper and had great fun. The acceleration, handling, top speed are all very well gauged. I sometimes had problems when tacking, because the rudder was stopped by the main sheet, just pay attention and everything will be fine.
If you are not interested in racing then better forget about the Vago, but if you are and you like to trim and play around with the little gadgets on the boat then you'll enjoy every moment.
I sailed the number 815.

Sail Areas

Laser Vago XD Mainsail
9.32m2
Laser Vago XD Gennaker
13.00m2
Jib
2.66m2
Total
24.98m2

Laser Vago Mainsail
8.00m2
Laser Vago Gennaker
11.38m2
Jib
2.66m2
Total
22.04m2

Dimensions

Line Drawing
Length
4.20m
Beam
1.56m
Mast Length
6.325m
Boom Length
2.3m

1 megjegyzés:

Isti írta...

ok, a gip az a fok?
jobb voltál, mint a csaj?
kosárban ez van, ha szar a védelem, akkor esélyed sincs. Mennyi lett a vége?